This is a 1/72 Revell plastic kit to build a replica of the Douglas C-54D Skymaster.
0 Item Items
Subject to availability at the supplier. Delivery within 2 to 6 weeks.
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 40 loyalty points. Your cart will total 40 loyalty points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,40 €.
|Decals||- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, 1949 - Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, Airlift Berlin, Wiesbaden AB, Winter 1948-1949|
|Historical period||1938 - 1975|
|Attention||Do not include paint or glue ( sold separately )|
|Content||Plastic kit | Decals | Instructions|
The Douglas C-54 Skymaster was a four-engined transport aircraft used by the United States Army Air Forces in World War II and the Korean War. Like the Douglas C-47 Skytrain, the C-54 Skymaster was derived from a civilian airliner (the Douglas DC-4).
Besides transport of cargo, the C-54 also carried presidents, prime ministers, and military staff. Dozens of variants of the C-54 were employed in a wide variety of non-combat roles such as air-sea rescue, scientific and military research, and missile tracking and recovery. During the Berlin Airlift it hauled coal and food supplies to West Berlin. The C-54 achieved special recognition during the Berlin Airlift when it became known as the Candy Bomber . It was used to completely resupply the three Western Sectors of the city during 1948 -1949.
After the Korean War it continued to be used for military and civilian uses by more than 30 countries. This was one of the first aircraft to carry the President of the United States.
This is a 1/72 Revell plastic kit to build a Douglas C-54D Skymaster.
- New Mould
- Finely structured surfaces, recessed panel joints
- Detailed cockpit with instrument panel
- Detailed seats
- Detailed radio room with equipment
- Cargo hold door can be built in the open or closed position
- Inner bulkheads
- Complete set of interior seating
- Rest cabin with bunks
- Cargo hold floor with fine details
- Separate landing flaps
- Detailed interior fuselage walls
- Detailed forward undercarriage
- Separate ailerons
- Detailed tail-unit
- Detailed main under-carriage, 3 different wheel rims
- Rotating propellers
- Detailed twin radial engines with exhaust manifolds
- Any antennae
- Detailed nose area, 2 nose variants
Authentic decal set for following versions:
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, 1949
- Douglas C-54 Skymaster, USAF, Airlift Berlin, Wiesbaden AB, Winter 1948 - 1949
No customer reviews for the moment.